Sunday, March 20, 2011

Midterms? No thanks..

This week is midterms! How much do I want to study on a scale of 0 to 10? Negative ten. How much will I actually study? Probably around a 3. ...I mean...I'm in Europe....
Actually we already had one midterm. The German midterm was Saturday..it was long and grueling but it's done now so I can forget about it and/or hope I did well and all that stuff you do after you take one of those tests in which you cannot gauge at all how it went.

Oh by the way...I hope you all celebrated Pi Day!! (March 14...) Me and my friend Blair decided we needed to do something in honor of the number, and sooooo we got pizza pies, and made a chocolate pie. It was the kind of pie you are equally happy and disgusted you ate. It was great/awful.

So this week I decided to celebrate being done with the German midterm by going to a soccer game with some IES people and Tobi! Rapid Wien is the local team, and they had a home game against Linz on Saturday. Sooo I bought the tickets a few days before online, and got a jersey at the Naschtmarkt, and then headed off to the game a little early. Soccer in Europe is probably the best thing ever...and this was only a local team. We got there about an hour early. There were tents and food stands everywhere, selling beer and giant hot dogs and pretzels..you know. So we found all of the IES people, and eventually went to the stadium. Instead of sitting in our seats we all stood at the top=better views. We weren't in the real fan section...but it was great because we got to see all of the craziness that went on there. They lit things on fire, had fireworks, had crazy cheers. In the second half we decided to go with the flow and got really into the cheers...usually we had no idea what we were saying so that made it even more fun. Sometimes we made up our own with our limited vocabulary...and sometimes we just shouted some of the few sentences we knew how to say (Personal favorite: "I would like to go on a walk with you") But anyways, Europe knows how to do soccer. It was perfect and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go again in April when its warmer (cross your fingers).

I also just got back from the Opera-we saw Aida. We got front center seats in the Parterre, so it was a great view. The opera itself was about 3 hours long....really long....and unfortunately the first two acts don't really advance the plot at all. However, the sets and vocalists were uh-mazing, and overall it was awesome. Now I'm back and procrastinating studying by seeing how long I can make this post.

I haven't uploaded any pictures to my computer in a whilllle but perhaps I will do that tomorrow, and add some here.


....time to study, urg

No comments:

Post a Comment