Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring and Schonbrunn

This was actually one of the first weekends I've spent here without anything on the agenda...which is realllly nice. Especially now that it's warmish out! It's been in the higher 50's and soooo pretty out! This week was pretty easy because the school I'm teaching at went on a ski trip (jealous) so I didn't have to intern. I also had my second (gahh) lesson...i made her plan the last 8 lessons to make sure I would fit them all in...hoping that works out. I need 10 lessons for the credit. But anyways, it's been a good week. It's almost warm enough to start running outside, so I won't have to pay for the gym anymore!!:)
Yesterday I went to the first IES solo concert-Everyone here is just soo good, it was a great concert. Then I walked home because it was so nice out, and took the scenic route through the Naschmarkt. Later, I went back with some friends and we go falafel and some hungarian bread type thing that was delicious. After that I decided it was about time I saw Schonbrunn..so I hopped on the Ubahn and went. The palace itself is HUGE....but the gardens are sooooooooo cool. I wouldn't mind being a seasonal hobo there, in the spring of course. But they go for miles (I'm not kidding...miles) and remind me of Alice in Wonderland, especially now because nothing's quite in bloom yet. But even though the trees are kind of dead you can tell they've been cut into square shapes or whatever, and everything still looks amazing. It will be a great place to run when it's warmer. Plus it's free:) The only thing is taking the Ubahn to get there, which is a little pointless if I want to run...but I'd rather run in the gardens then to the gardens and back...
At some point I'll need to make it inside the palace...you have to pay, but I think it'd be worth it. Oh! And there's a zoo in the gardens too, and no I'm not kidding. An entire zoo....so I'll have to see that at some point as well. I've started making a list of all the things I haven't done yet...there are quite a few. I need some time here to be touristy. I feel like there is no way I'm going to see everything I want to...there's so much to do. But I'll tryyyy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment