Sunday, January 23, 2011

1 week down..

We just finished week 1 of intensive German classes...two more to go before real classes finally start! Everyday we have German class for 2.75 hours, and then the rest of the day is for orientation meetings or exploring the city if you don't have a meeting. Wednesday and Thursday were music program auditions..I was accepted into the program! Everyone else here is amazing-It's unbelievable the talent I've seen so far. But anyways, every Friday we have a German test and there is also a quiz sometime during the week. It sounds awful but it's really not that bad, especially because we can use it outside of the classroom. Soon, we're going on a trip to a coffee house to order in German, etc.

I have a ton of photos on my camera, unfortunately it really likes to die at the most opportune moments... But I'll post a few here for now.
We all went out to a club on Wednesday night (it was karaoke night..) It was insane, and that's all I have to say about that.
Oh, and the ball is this Thursday night-It starts at 8:30pm and goes until 5am.... :)
I have yet to find a gown that isn't 300 euro, so I'm really hoping for a miracle to happen...There's no way I'm paying that much for a gown I'll wear one night.

Yesterday, we went on a three hour bus tour--It was amazing. We went to the Belvedere, which is awesome from the front, but in the back there are ridiculous royal gardens and an insane view of Vienna. We took tons of picture but unfortunately my camera didn't feel like working that day. But here are some pics from various places:



So I go to school in a palace, here's part of the stairway:
 This is my favorite room, it's our study room:
The music performance room, where I auditioned:

Stairway again:

Just some of the city..

 View out the window in our apartment:
 Kitchen:
Living room:

 Messy bedroom:

Rachel, Hanna, Megan and I during pizza night, hahah

Dad visited on business...this is my favorite street. It has chandeliers up for ball season.

 The Belvedere
 A view from part of the tour, the last picture my camera took before it decided to die. This picture doesn't do the real view justice at all.


That's all I've got for now.
Until next time,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment