Saturday, January 8, 2011

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

Just kidding. I have nothing packed, and three days to fit all of my clothes and shoe collection in a suitcase weighing under 50 pounds. Should be fun.
I've got a list of about a hundred things that I need to bring, and another list of items I have yet to buy. These next few days are going to go by so fast, I'm going to be running around everywhere. Tuesday night I will probably be in my bedroom freaking out because I can't fit everything in my suitcase. Hopefully I'll be able to remind myself that it's okay to not bring every single piece of clothing I own (Vienna has multiple H&M's....).

Besides the packing thing I am fully excited. I've got my housing assignment, roommates, orientation information, and everything should be great. I'm currently searching for good music to add to my Ipod for the long trip there.

I checked my e-mail today to find an invite to the TU Ball at the end of January-yeah, I said ball. We're talkin' floor length gowns and European men in tuxes. Needless to say I will be attending.

Also, to anyone out there who wants to send mail (hint hint), this is my mailing address when I'm there:

Alyssa Clark
c/o IES Abroad Vienna Center
Palais Corbelli
Johannesgasse 7
A-1010 Vienna
AUSTRIA

The mail goes to the IES Center, not my apartment-which I hear is awesome, by the way. Apparently it is near the biggest shopping street and a huge outdoor market. :)


That's all of the news I've got for now. This blog will finally get going once I'm there and have actual things to talk about.

Until next time,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment