Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pretty much Home

For some reason I've felt compelled to write more the closer I am to leaving.
Today I woke up super early, ran some errands, and went to the Belvedere! Love that place-two palaces and huge awesome gardens, plus an art museum inside. After that I found my way to Ressel Park with friends where we ended up busting out some acappella stuff in the middle of the park. We made some change and a new friend (long story). Later, we walked around the park and then I headed to Schonbrunn for the last time with my friend Blair. We made it to the Gloriette-top of the hill of the gardens-and took tons of pictures. Oh and we went through the Naschtmarkt and got gelato on the way there. All in all a great day-now I'm home-super tired and procrastinating studying by preparing for our last apartment dinner, finding new music on itunes, and writing this post.
Went to dinner last night with some Austrian friends and some IES friends-It was pretty fun-one of them studied in America so she told us how she misses it, and listed all the things she misses (really friendly people, Coldstone, cars, etc.) which helped us all look forward to home a little more. It's still strange to be leaving-it feels like another weekend trip to France or something...gah.
Anyways, I should be productive.
-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment